Stuff I’ve been thinking about lately:
- I’ve been working just about as long as I’ve got to go until retirement.
- The older you get, the more you seem to be concerned about where you’ve been and what you’ve done instead of where you’re going and what you’re going to be doing.
- The older you get, the more you appreciate and even can relate to, what your parents said to you when you were younger.
- No matter how physically fit you are, or not, you can still die.
- No matter how much you know, there is always something more you can learn, and the older you are, the more you can appreciate this.
- The older you get, the more “regret” starts to, or wants to, set in and fuck up your brain. “If only I’d done this…”, or “If only I’d done that…”.
- The older you get, the more you notice that you want to do more, but for some reason become unable to accomplish it. The days are just not long enough You never have enough time to do anything, anymore, which eventually gets translated to “you don’t do anything”.
- The older you get the more likely it is that you will never get what you want for Christmas or your birthdays, unless you get it yourself, but because you’re getting older, the number of people with whom you could share it with are becoming far and few in between, so whats the point?
- Even though, just by being alive for as many years as I have, the accrued wisdom that just happens by being that old, seems to be totally pointless, especially when no one is there to listen or even give a shit. The desire to express your “wisdom” at first is great, but the realization that no one gives a monkeys-ass eventually takes over and you just shut the fuck up.
- Quotes from your past start to become more and more prevalent in your everyday life, especially if they were from your parents or some other older person. The phrase “I told ya so…” sticks in your mind.
- The more you try NOT to be like your parents, the more likely it is you are already like your parents either in behavior and attitude or physically in appearance.
JOKE OF THE DAY:
The mother of a 17-year-old girl was concerned that her daughter was having sex. Worried the girl might become pregnant and adversely impact the family’s status, she consulted the family doctor.
The doctor told her that teenagers today were very willful and any attempt to stop the girl would probably result in rebellion. He then told her to arrange for her daughter to be put on birth control and until then, talk to her and give her a box of condoms.
Later that evening, as her daughter was preparing for a date, the woman told her about the situation and handed her a box of condoms.
The girl burst out laughing and reached over to hug her mother saying: “Oh Mom! You don’t have to worry about that! I’m dating Susan!”